The guide is called Geologic Diversity Around Los Angeles and Vicinity and includes five field trips and a walking tour. It was edited by Mario Caputo of Mt. SAC. Trips include:
- Evidence for Tertiary Floodplains, Oceans, and Volcanoes in the Santa Monica Mountains by A. Eugene Fritsche
- Martian Analogs in the Mojave Desert by Nathan Bridges
- Geology of the Conejo Valley and Western Santa Monica Mountains, Ventura County by William Bilodeau
- Natural Hazards, Past and Impending, in the Eastern San Gabriel Mountains by Jonathan A. Nourse
- Major Landslides of the Southern Palos Verdes Hills, Los Angeles County by Edward A. Steiner
- Walking Tour of the Wildlife Sanctuary at Mt. San Antonio College: Biologic, Ecologic, and Geologic Features by Kathryn Sanchez and David Munoz
These guides are a great way to learn about the geology of California, Nevada and Hawaii! Check them out. Cost of the new guide is $25.