Teacher Advocate Program (TAP)
The Geological Society of America is dedicated to increasing the appreciation of the Earth's history, processes, and resources through Earth science education. Recognizing that the future of geology rests in the hands of our nations' school teachers is the fundamental building block of the TAP program.
Developed as a means to support Earth science educators, the Teacher Advocate Program provides the following resources for teachers:
- Explore Geoscience CD-ROMs for teachers, with background materials and student activities, diagrams, images and 3-D models. Our Geoscience CDs are easy-to-use, curriculum-linked geoscience teaching resources in a variety of topics for educators across the USA and beyond, developed by educators with classroom teaching experience.
- Lesson plans, resource links, and materials at teachers' fingertips via our Education Web page
- Field experiences in geologically dynamic locations for teachers only through GSA's Teacher GeoVenture trips
- Workshops supplying educators with activities and resources to use in the earth science classroom
- GSA's Distinguished Earth Science Teacher in Residence, who develops resources, maintains the Education Web page, and assists teachers in need of ideas or geoscience career information who contact GSA.
Considering Support of TAP ?
If you are considering supporting the Teacher Advocate Program but would like more detailed information about our successes and goals, please download this file for additional information (pdf format). We thank you for your interest and support of this program.